This product contains 500mg of fully bioactive D-Glucosamine. The D form is not only unique to this formula, but is important because it is actually the only form recognized by the human body. Glucosamine used in other company’s brands will normally contain roughly equal amounts of d and L forms due to processing limitations from the raw source. We have overcome this limitation.
Suggested dose for adults: Take teaspoon capsule 3 times per day or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Primary Action - The primary action of this formula is to reduce the acute and chronic pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis while stimulating the formation of cartilage for effective joint repair.
Glucosamine is a naturally occurring substance that stimulates the formation of cartilage. Research has shown this harmless amino sugar, normally present in the body, superior to commonly prescribed arthritis drugs. Drugs that often cause bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract and can accelerate the destructive nature of osteoarthritis.
The purity of the d-glucosamine used in this product is the purest available, greater than 98.9%. No magnesium stearate has been used during processing and it is sodium free.
- MSM (Methyl Sulfonyl Methane) is an effective anti-inflammatory and pain reliever. Its effect is attributed to its efficiency as a sulphur donor. Sulphur is required for the formation of the extracellular matrix integral to cartilage formation and restoration.
- Chondroitin sulphate although not as well absorbed as glucosamine sulphate (8% vs. 98%) has still been shown to be effective in the repair and restoration of cartilaginous tissue. Chondroitin sulphate is a glycosaminoglycan (GAG) composed of repeating units of galactosamine (the stereoisomer of glucosamine). Like glucosamine, it is an integral part of the chain of events for the repair and restoration cartilaginous tissue.
- Boron, manganese and silicon are all well known for their prevention and treatment of joint and connective tissue inflammation and osteoarthritis.
- Ginger inhibits the formation of inflammatory proteins and has strong antioxidant properties that block inflammation. Notopterygium incisum and Ledebouriella divaricata are effective anti-inflammatory herbs.
- Boswellia Serrata inhibits a specific enzyme crucial in producing certain chemicals important in the process of inflammation. Its benefits are also related to its impact on glycosaminoglycan metabolism; the same biochemical pathways affected by glucosamine.
- Notopterygium incisum and Ledebouriella divaricata are herbs recommended in traditional Chinese medicine to be used together to dispel wind, cold and dampness. These factors attack muscle and joints and obstruct the normal circulation of qi and blood.ebsite
*For more information, please see the manufacturer's website