Curried Chicken Quinoa Salad
Curried Chicken Quinoa Salad- Source: The Ultimate Metabolic Plan- Dr Cobi Slater
• 2 ½ cups chicken stock
• 2 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast (thinly sliced)
• 4 tsp. curry powder (divided)
• 2 cups quinoa, cooked
• 1 cup red bell pepper (diced)
• 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
• ½ cup green onion (chopped)
• ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
• ¼ cup dried cranberries
• 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 6 drops hot sauce
• 4 cups wild greens salad
• 2 tomatoes (sliced)
1. In a medium pan, bring the chicken stock to a boil over medium heat.
2. Poach chicken pieces in the stock until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Toss chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder and set aside.
3. Return the broth to a boil, add the quinoa and stir. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
4. Place quinoa in a mixing bowl and fluff. Stir in the bell pepper, chickpeas, green onion, cilantro and cranberries.
5. Add the Dijon, remaining curry powder and hot sauce and stir until combined.
6. Arrange salad greens and tomato slices on 4 plates and spoon quinoa or cauliflower rice salad over top.