Whole Meal Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing- Serves 2
- 6 cups torn lettuce (wild greens, red or butter leaf lettuce), rinsed
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped OR 2 cups Garbanzo beans, divided
- 1 handful soaked raw almonds
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
Lemon Tahini Dressing Ingredients
- ¼ cup sesame tahini
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Steamed cubed beets
- Cherry tomatoes
- Chopped celery
- Evenly distribute the lettuce between two large salad bowls. Place tofu pieces on top of lettuce.
- Top with soaked almonds, cubed avocado, chopped carrots, sliced green onions and any other optional additions you might want to add.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and whisk together. Taste and add more sea salt or garlic if desired. Pour desired amount of dressing over each salad. Store extra dressing in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Dressing will keep for up to 10 days.