Gluten Free Power Bars (Approx. 15 bars)
My husband was asking for a bar that he could take with him to work that had very low sugar and high protein- but still tasted good. He needed something for energy as his job requires him to ride a bike for up to 10 hours per shift! Challenge accepted dear husband! I threw these together based on what I had in the pantry and he was thrilled, making me a good wife today!!
Prep time- 15 minutes
3 cups gluten free rolled oats
1 cup sun butter or almond butter
3 oz. vegan protein powder (I used Thorne Vanilla Vegalite)
1 tsp. aluminum free baking soda
2 eggs (or flax eggs- 2 tbsp. ground flax mixed with 4 tbsp. warm water)
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup dried organic cranberries
¼ cup organic dark dairy free choc chips
½ cup dried coconut
¼ cup hemp hearts
½ cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Pre heat oven to 350° F
- Combine sun or almond butter, eggs or flax eggs, protein powder and milk into bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Add rolled oats and remaining ingredients and mix into batter like consistency.
- Line an 11x15 baking tray with parchment paper or coconut oil.
- Place mixture into tray and press down firmly to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes depending upon oven.
- Let sit for 15 minutes and cut into bars. Store in fridge.