3 Detoxifying Soups to Help You Reclaim Your Health!
Detox Potassium-balancing Soup
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 pound green beans fresh
- 2 tbsp. seaweed flakes or 1-2 sheets nori, toasted, then crumbled (optional)
- 3 carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 fresh tomatoes or 1 can low sodium, organic chopped tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 tbsp. liquid Coconut Aminos or 2 tbsp. Braggs liquid Aminos
- 4 celery stalks
- 4 green onions
- 6 kale leaves
- 4 cups filtered water
1. Chop all veggies and herbs (kale, green onions, celery, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, green beans, parley and cilantro).
2. Add 4 cups to a large stock pot and set heat to medium-high.
3. Add each vegetable in one at a time and stir.
4. Add the Coconut or Bragg’s Aminos and seaweed (if using)
5. Bring to a gentle boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Green Detox Soup
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, trimmed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 3 parsnips, peeled, cored, chopped
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1 cup of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- Filtered water, as needed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
1. Using a large soup pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and stir in the garlic, onion, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the broccoli, parsnips, celery and parsley.
3. Add the spinach and sauté until the spinach lightly wilts.
4. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables. Bring to a high simmer, cover the pot and reduce the heat to a medium simmer. Cook for fifteen minutes or until the veggies are softened.
5. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
6. Stir in lemon juice.
7. Serve as is or serve with a spoonful of hot cooked brown rice or quinoa in the center of the bowl for a thicker soup.
Broccoli and Arugula Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, roughly diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 ½ cups filtered water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup arugula
- ½ lemon
1. Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, and sauté until softened.
2. Add the broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until bright green.
3. Add the water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 8 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
4. Pour the soup into a blender and puree with the arugula until smooth.
5. Serve the soup with fresh lemon and season with sea salt and black pepper.