25 things that you can do to dramatically improve your health!
1. Drink Water- the actual recommended amount is half your body weight in ounces (Ex. 150lb person would require 75 ounces of water per day). It may be advisable to start with half of the full amount and slowly work your way up. Herbal tea also counts as water.
2. Avoid the Dirty Dozen- by eating the following fruits and vegetables in the organic form you will reduce your pesticide load by as much as 97%! (Celery, peaches, apples, blueberries, nectarines, bell peppers, spinach, kale, cherries, potatoes, grapes)
3. Use Coconut oil- the fats found in coconut oil, namely lauric acid is the richest source of medium chain triglycerides which have many health benefits.
4. Drink Coconut water- Considered to be "Nature's Gatorade", coconut water is the BEST way to re-hydrate and restore electrolyte balance.
5. Eat Kale- It is not only loaded with "good for you" nutrients it also contains Sulforaphane, which is formed when cruciferous vegetables such as kale are chopped or chewed. This triggers the liver to produce enzymes that detoxify cancer-causing chemicals. These enzymes inhibit chemically-induced breast cancers, eradicate colon cancer cells and help to stop the proliferation of breast cancer cells, even in the later stages of their growth.
6. Eat your Spinach- The A and C vitamins in spinach plus the fiber, folic acid, magnesium and other nutrients help control cancer, especially colon, lung and breast cancers.
Spinach's secret weapon, lutein, makes it one of the best foods in the world to prevent cataracts, as well as age related macular degeneration, the leading cause of preventable blindness in the elderly. Foods rich in lutein are also thought to help prevent cancer.
7. Eat Organic Blueberries-Packed with antioxidant phytonutrients called anthocyanidins, blueberries neutralize free radical damage to the collagen matrix of cells and tissues that can lead to cataracts, glaucoma, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, peptic ulcers, heart disease and cancer.
8. Eat Raw Nuts- Almonds, Brazil nuts, and sesame seeds are a rich source of calcium and have protective benefits against cardiovascular disease. Nuts are an excellent source of protein and can help regulate blood sugar, lower LDL cholesterol levels, and contribute to healthy skin, hair, nails, teeth & gums.
9. Grind your Flax Seeds- Studies have been shown that 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed can decrease estrogen related cancers by as much as 70%. Flax seeds are also an excellent source of fiber and omega 3 fatty acids.
10. Omega 3 fatty acids- The health benefits of regular consumption of Omega 3's are endless but some of the most well researched benefits include decreased pain and inflammation, depression, skin conditions, memory, cardiovascular health and cancer protection.
11. Rotate your food- Diets that include a variety of foods have been found to reduce the risk of food allergies and sensitivities from occurring.
12. Eliminate dairy- Dairy has been implicated in many health conditions including skin conditions, digestive disorders, chronic ear infections, allergies and other inflammatory conditions. The hormones found in dairy products can upset the delicate hormonal balance in our bodies.
13. Eliminate gluten- Many researchers now agree that whether you are allergic to gluten or not, avoiding it has many health benefits. Gluten has been linked to several autoimmune conditions and it very challenging to digest for many people.
14. Eliminate sugar- 1 gram of sugar is the equivalent to 1 teaspoon of sugar when reading a food label. Once you start doing the math, it is undeniable that we are consuming way too much sugar. 1 teaspoon of sugar can leave the immune system defenceless for 4 hours.
15. Eat raw- Consume raw vegetables at least once per day. The enzymes are still intact when foods are consumed raw, which aids in digestion. Go completely raw one day per week.
16. Do not eat farmed fish- Go wild!
17. Do not eat pork- Pork is one of the most inflammatory foods leading to an increase in inflammation in the body. A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots and decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
18. Limit alcohol- Alcohol is dehydrating and puts extra pressure on the already over burdened liver.
19. Limit caffeine- Over consumption of caffeine can cause anxiety, paliptations, dehydration and headaches.
20. Avoid artificial sugars- Artificial sugars are one of the most over-consumed poisons. They have the ability to cross the blood brain barrier and cause many symptoms in the body including headaches, fatigue, tremors, mood disturbances and body aches.
21. Read labels- If you cannot pronounce it then do not eat it!
22. Use an infrared sauna at least 1 time per week- The health benefits of infrared sauna use include weight loss, detoxification, immune benefits, pain management, improvement in skin conditions and heightened energy.
23. Move your body- There are endless benefits to daily exercise. A 30 minute walk per day has been show to dramatically decrease depression and anxiety symptoms.
24. Sleep- Nightly adequate sleep is essential for hormone production and healing in the body. Start winding down the day by about 8pm by dimming lights so that melatonin production can be increased in the brain to ensure a good night's rest.
25. Reduce electromagnetic pollution especially at night- Turn off all screens especially at night. Over exposure to electromagnetic pollution from TV's, computers, clock radio's and other electronic devices has a stimulating effect on the nervous system and can lead to an interruption in sleep cycles.