Recipe - Grilled Chicken with Citrus Salsa
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (divided)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 1 avocado, (diced)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ orange (peeled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 Pink grapefruit (peeled and cut into small pieces)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ fresh orange (zested and juiced)
- ½ lime (zested)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tomatillos (diced)
- 8 cups salad greens
- Preheat grill.
- In a shallow dish, combine 3 tbsp. lime juice and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the marinade. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the citrus fruits, green onion, tomatoes, avocadoes, remaining 1 tbsp. lime juice and olive oil, orange and lime zest, jalapeno, cilantro and tomatillos. Mix and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Cook on a hot grill on each side until cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and let stand a few minutes.
- Divide the salad greens among 4 plates, slice the chicken and arrange on top of the greens. Spoon salsa over each salad and serve.