Coconut Chicken Skewers - Serves 4
So, sooo yummy!
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp. raw honey (divided)
1 tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. gluten free tamari (divided)
1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. fresh ginger (grated or chopped)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch strips)
2⁄3 cup organic natural peanut butter
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 1⁄2 tbsp. lemon juice
1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine first 6 ingredients (1 tbsp. raw honey and 1 tbsp. gluten free tamari) in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken in the above mixture for at least 30 minutes. Remove from marinade. Do not discard the marinade
- Preheat grill.
- Thread the chicken on skewers and grill for 3 to 5 minutes. Brush the chicken with marinade and turn occasionally as the chicken cooks.
- In a pot combine 1 cup water, peanut butter and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tbsp. raw honey, lemon juice, tamari and red pepper flakes.