Grilled Chicken with Citrus Salsa- Serves 4
You'll love the fresh Zip and Zang of this chicken. Great for a hot summer’s night.
1⁄4 cup lime juice (divided)
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (divided)
1 jalapeno pepper (diced)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Himalaya sea salt and pepper (to taste)
1 orange (peeled and cut into small pieces)
1 pink grapefruit (peeled and cut into small pieces)
4 green onions (thinly sliced)
10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1⁄2 fresh orange (zested and juiced)
1⁄2 lime (zested)
1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
2 tomatillos (diced)
4 cups salad greens
- Preheat grill.
- In a shallow dish, combine 3 tbsp. lime juice and 2 tbsp. olive oil. Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the marinade. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the citrus fruits, green onion, tomatoes, remaining 1 tbsp. lime juice, olive oil, orange and lime zest, jalapeno, cilantro and tomatillos. Mix and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Cook on a hot grill on each side until cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and let stand a few minutes.
- Divide the salad greens among 4 plates, slice the chicken and arrange on top of the greens. Spoon salsa over each salad and serve.