Adrenal Stress Index (ASI)- Saliva Lab Testing
Are you experiencing chronic stress, insomnia, anxiety and fatigue? Having trouble losing weight? Our ASI Panel can help you discover the causes, by measuring cortisol and five other hormones through saliva over 24 hours.
Our Adrenal Stress Index can be helpful if you experience:
- Chronic stress and stress-related health conditions
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Anxiety or depression
- Irritability or mood swings
- Insomnia, sleep disturbances or difficulty waking
- Difficulty losing weight
- Poor memory or difficulty retaining information
- Muscle and joint pain or weakness
- Easy bruising or excessive stretch marks
What does the ASI Panel Assess?
The Adrenal Stress Index (ASI) uses five conveniently collected saliva samples to assess cortisol, insulin, DHEA/DHEA-S, secretory IgA, 17-OH progesterone, and wheat gluten sIgA. Saliva is collected over a period of 24 hours, providing more complete information about your body’s stress response than a single test. This is ideal for people dealing with chronic stress and stress-related symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety and fatigue. ASI is a comprehensive panel that will give your provider better measurements and greater context for your hormone levels than standard serum and urine testing. With more information, your provider will be able to treat your symptoms more efficiently, and help you formulate a long-term health plan.
What tests are included in the ASI Panel?
- Cortisol x 4- Evaluates stress response
- Insulin- Investigates blood sugar control and insulin resistance
- DHEA/DHEA-S - Determines how other hormones may be affected by stress
- Total secretory IgA (sIgA)- Evaluates the toll of stress on immunity
- 17-OH Progesterone- Determines underlying causes of abnormal cortisol levels
- Wheat gluten sIgA- Identifies immune response to gluten