Metabolic Xtra (90 capsules)
Metabolic Xtra offers a powerful combination of nutrients to support healthy insulin receptor function and signaling, and glucose metabolism.
• Enhances the expression and function of insulin receptors with the natural
plant alkaloid berberine
- In a randomized placebo-controlled trial involving 116 subjects, berberine
provided statistically significant support for glucose, lipid, and triglyceride
• Promotes healthy AMPK and SIRT1 expression to support cellular metabolism
and glucose homeostasis with resveratrol
- In a recent randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled 4-week study,
resveratrol supported healthy insulin signaling and antioxidant defenses
• Modulates cell signaling for healthy insulin function with patent-pending
Zychrome™ chromium dinicocysteinate
- In a randomized placebo-controlled trial, Zychrome™ supported healthy
glucose metabolism and offered statistically significant support for
antioxidant defenses and inflammatory balance, as measured by TNFα
• Supports healthy receptor function and glucose metabolism with alpha
Each vegetable capsule contains v 00
Berberine HCl 350 mg
Alpha lipoic acid (thioctic acid) 100 mg
ResVida® resveratrol (as trans-resveratrol) 20 mg
Chromium (as chromium dinicocysteinate)† 135 mcg
Ascorbyl palmitate (fat-soluble vitamin C) 50 mg
Other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
1-3 capsules daily, with meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Berberine has had reports of headache, nausea, vomiting, abdominal bloating, hypotension and slowed heart rate in the literature. It is recommended to use resveratrol cautiously in patients with hormonal disorders and those using estrogen therapy, as resveratrol may act as either an estrogen agonist or estrogen antagonist. In rare cases, alpha lipoic acid has caused gastrointestinal upset or skin rash. Consult your physician for more information.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Individuals taking this product with anti-hyperglycemic medications may require blood glucose monitoring. Berberine may be contra-indicated with blood pressure medications. Resveratrol may be contraindicated with blood thinning medications. Consult your physician for more information.