Cashew Butter Chicken Stew
Cashew butter gives this a fantastic nutty flavor
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced )
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 tbsp. parsley (chopped)
- 1 apple (cubed)
- 1 cup chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cashew butter
1. Sauté onions, red pepper and half of the black pepper in a nonstick skillet until onion is soft.
2. Add the vegetable stock, chicken and parsley and bring to a boil. Simmer until chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the apple, chickpeas, sea salt, cayenne pepper and remaining black pepper to the pot. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Whisk in cashew butter until blended.